- who you are, where you live, what you do
- what you can contribute
- Enough information so I can do a thorough background check. ;) (Kidding. But not really).
To the READER,
I hope my project has sparked your interest and has allowed you to understand my vision for this film. While receiving the Dale scholarship has provided me with a good stipend of money, making it stretch the full 8 weeks is going to be difficult. Beyond that, I will need all the help I can get to make this film work. This project, while personal, is something I cannot accomplish alone (and shouldn’t!). I see this as a valuable experience for me to get out of my introverted shell and approach people, as well as to bring others on board for a project that could go places. At the smallest scale (which is where you and I should keep our expectations), Princeton will want to feature my work to other students, departments, and the community.
HOW CAN YOU HELP? Many ways! I am in desperate need of the following:
- HOUSING. To reduce overhead, I am willing to sleep on your coach/spare bed for as long or as short of a time as you’d like. I have 60 days in Bangkok total (June 9 to around July 28), but you by no means need to provide me with housing the entire time and may kick me out at any time. At the very least, a secure place to leave my valuables would be ideal if I choose to stay in a hostel.
- TRANSLATION: If you know of, or are connected to anyone who speaks fluent Thai and adequate/fluent English, I would be downright grateful if they’d like to accompany on occasions where I am going to be talking to people to help translate and facilitate conversation. I am learning some rudimentary Thai myself, but definitely need help. This would be low-intensity work, likely a few hours with flexible dates/times around Bangkok. And if some compensation is what is needed to motivate someone to help, that can be arranged.
- FILMMAKING ASSISTANCE: If you possess some fancy equipment (aka DSLRs, Rode mics, more training than I have ever had [which is not that much at all]) and have some talents in filmmaking to contribute, please, come aboard! While I cannot pay, I can give credit and the opportunity (if such events arise) to present with me as a co-creator of this project at Princeton or NYC, etc.